General Counsel Group
Neal Weinstein joined the firm in 2000 and became a partner in 2009. He represents owners, developers, tenants, landlords, managers and lenders in commercial real estate in New York and throughout the United States. He also advises clients in the formation and day-to-day operation of various business entities. He has extensive experience in the resolution of real estate and commercial disputes.Representative Matters
- Due diligence, purchases, sales and financings of multi-family apartment buildings and complexes in New York City and throughout the nation for various clients, including aggregate transactions exceeding $500,000,000 in value for one of the nation’s largest real estate investment advisors.
- Due diligence, purchases, sales and financing of shopping centers, offices and industrial/warehouse projects throughout the country.
- Reverse and forward §1031 tax-deferred exchanges including the creation of a tenant-in-common ownership entities and structures.
- Office leasing, including the representation of a leading global tax and consulting firm in the negotiation of leases and amendments, subleasing and the day-to-day administration and management of over 200 office leases nationwide.
- Lease buy-outs, subleasing and assignments.
- Leasing of planned production facility and dispensaries in connection with New York State’s first issuance of licenses for medicinal marijuana use.
- Retail leasing, including restaurants and bars, men and women’s fashion and cosmetic companies within shopping centers, individual buildings and stand-alone stores.
- New York City zoning review and analysis, including the transfer and reservation of development (air) rights.
- Representation of building and apartment owners and condominium associations in the sale of development (air) rights, negotiation of easements and access agreements, land use disputes and addressing New York City municipal issues including rent regulation, landmarks and Department of Building concerns.
- Representation of start-up and established service companies in their day-to-day operation, forming and structuring corporate, partnership and limited liability entities, contract and license drafting and employment matters. A sample of clients’ industries includes high-end concierge, hardware and software distributors, fashion retailers, designers and manufacturers and real estate companies.
New York StateEducation
J.D., Fordham University School of Law
B.A., University of Maryland at College Park
- Don’t Forget the Dirt! Leasing and Real Property Issues Not to be Missed in Corporate Transactions – American Association of Corporate Counsel
- Subleasing in Today’s Challenging Market – New York City Real Estate Expo
- 4th Annual NYC Workplace of the Future, Tenant Outlook Panel - Bisnow
When not working or spending time with his wife and three children on Long Island, Neal is usually mountain biking or training for a marathon, Tough Mudder or Spartan Race (all of which he does much slower than his turnaround of work for his clients).