|Evan T. Raciti|
Evan T. Raciti is an associate in the firm's Commercial Litigation Group. Evan practices general commercial litigation with a particular focus on complex business disputes, creditors' rights, and securities litigation. His work has also included real estate, banking, and intellectual property matters. Evan has significant experience litigating cases in both federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings.Representative Matters
- Represents a research institution in litigation relating to the assignment of intellectual property rights.
- Represents a non-profit organization in a dispute over real-estate easements.
- Represents a law firm in a legal malpractice action.
- Represents a shareholder of a PC in an action alleging breach of contract and fraud against a former-shareholder.
- Represented creditors in various creditors’ rights matters, including bankruptcy litigation, the enforcement of judgments, and the recovery of collateral.
- Represented an asset management company in connection with a securities fraud trial in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented several putative classes of shareholders in class and derivative actions alleging claims of, inter alia, securities fraud and breaches of fiduciary duties against publicly traded corporations and their officers and directors.
- Represented a consortium of LLC members in an action alleging acts of fraud and misappropriation by the CEO and controlling member of a high-end cosmetics company.
- Represented a publicly traded corporation in connection with a shareholder demand for inspection of corporate books and records pursuant to Section 220 of the Delaware General Corporation Law.
- Represented dissenting stockholders in a Delaware Appraisal Proceeding.
- Represented a registered broker-dealer in connection with SEC, FINRA, and DOJ investigations relating to a former-employee rogue trader’s misconduct.
- Represented an asset management company in connection with SEC and DOJ investigations relating to allegations of former-employees’ involvement in an international insider trading scheme.
- Represented several financial institutions seeking to enforce their rights under loan agreements against borrowers and guarantors in default.