Corporate & Commercial
General Counsel Group
IT and E-Commerce Group
Privacy & Information Management
Douglas Pulitzer became counsel to the firm in 2010. Douglas has practiced law for over 20 years and has expertise concentrated in technology, ecommerce, mcommerce, social media, privacy, information management and intellectual property law (collectively, “Expertise”). He represents a broad range of clients, from start-up entrepreneurs to multinational corporations.
He has enjoyed a wide variety of legal experiences over his career that have provided him with a unique perspective and legal skill set, including work at a large Wall Street law firm, in-house experience at both a Global financial services firm and a revolutionary beverage company, and the entrepreneurial endeavor of running his own law firm.
Douglas has extensive experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of transactions in matters related to his areas of Expertise which include: advising companies on issues of moving to a Web 2.0-based environment and implementing an ecommerce and mcommerce infrastructure, social media issues, privacy and data security assessments, compliance and policies, including cross-border data transfers and the strategic collection and management of personal information assets; CAN-SPAM, COPPA, HIPPA, HITECH, PCI DSS and GLB; creation and structuring of strategic alliances, joint ventures and other partnership arrangements; complex licensing and cross-licensing agreements; design, development and distribution agreements; service level agreements; agreements for technology-related services; data center lease agreements; co-location agreements; procurement (government and commercial for both tangible and intangible items); outsourcing transactions, including help desk, planogram, category management, cloud computing, and software as a service; open source issues, marketing and co-branding agreements; publishing and collaboration agreements; and strategic intellectual property and information asset purchases, sales, use, transfer, management and protection.
Projects on which Mr. Pulitzer has worked include the representation of:
- The New York Times
- The Swatch Group (US) Inc.
- One of the World’s largest accounting firms and its affiliates
- Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and its affiliates
- US subsidiary of one of the World's most prestigious fashion brands
- Archie Comic Publications, Inc.
- The Andy Warhol Foundation
- McCann Erickson Worldwide
- MAPEI Americas
- RiskMetrics Group, Inc. (formerly a division of JPMorgan Chase)
- One of the World’s leading providers of weather content and technology
- US subsidiary of one of the largest insurance companies in Japan
- BodyMetrics Ltd.
- POLYGLASS S.P.A.
- Glaceau Water Company, Inc. (predecessor entity of Energy Brands, Inc. (Vitamin Water®)
- Maine Coast Sea Vegetables
- Wild Oats Markets, Inc.
- Iqons, Ltd. (the world’s largest online network of creatives and professionals in fashion)
- Best selling and World renowned writer, artists and designers
- A leading artificial intelligence game developer and provider of social gaming applications for mobile devices
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law 1991
B.A., New York University 1987
International Association of Privacy Professionals ("IAPP")
Beyond the Cloud: How to BYOD, Step 1
October 12, 2012
October 12, 2012
Cloud Computing: Looking Beyond the Silver Lining
February 11, 2011
February 11, 2011