|Caitlin L. Bronner|
Construction & Design
Caitlin L. Bronner is a partner of the firm working in the Commercial Litigation Group. Caitlin practices general commercial litigation in both the New York state and federal courts with a particular focus on complex contractual disputes, intellectual property litigation including trademark, copyright, and unfair competition matters, title company claims litigation, and alternative entity litigation, including complex disputes involving Delaware limited liability companies and limited partnerships. Caitlin received her Bachelor's degree in English from Dartmouth College in 2000, and graduated from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 2006. During law school, Caitlin was a member of the editorial board of the Moot Court Honor Society, and interned for the Hon. Jane Restani, Chief Judge of the United States Court of International Trade.
Caitlin speaks conversational French, and previously worked with rare books and manuscripts at the New York offices of Sotheby’s auction house.Representative Matters
- Represents an LLC manager in a dispute pertaining to the propriety of actions taken by a co-manager.
- Represents a limited partnership unitholder in a dispute pertaining to a conflict-of-interest transaction with the entity controlling the partnership's general partner.
- Represents a design firm in a dispute with a former consultant.
- Represents a residential real estate seller in a dispute with a purchaser over the terms of the sale.
- Represents a building owner in a series of disputes with a former tenant over terms of the parties' lease, and the obligations thereunder.
- Represents several communications companies in disputes relating to the assessment of special franchise taxes.
- Represents a condominium owner in a dispute with the condominium board over water infiltration into the unit.
- Represents a building owner in a dispute with a public utility regarding property damage causes by the utility.
- Represented the members of an LLC in a dispute with joint-venturers regarding admission to the LLC.
- Represented a construction company in a dispute over the construction of a courthouse.
- Represented a building owner adversely impacted by a steam pipe explosion in its insurance and other recovery efforts.
- Represented a structural engineer in a dispute pertaining to the cleanup at Ground Zero following the September 11th terrorist attacks.
- Represented a purchaser in a dispute over the acquisition of a luxury condominium unit.
- Represented a limited partnership unitholder in a dispute pertaining to the propriety of actions taken by the general partner of a master limited partnership.
- Represented a public benefit corporation in defending against an adverse possession claim.
- Represented a company in a complex contractual dispute over the use of a well-known image on an affinity credit card.
- Represented a major title company's insured in connection with claims involving subprime mortgages.
- Represented a major title company in litigation seeking to hold title company liable on a third party beneficiary theory.
- Represented a company in a complex dispute over a trade secret license.
- Represented an architect in a dispute pertaining to the collapse of one of the buildings in the World Trade Center complex.
- Represented a client in a NASD arbitration.
- Represented a construction company in a dispute over the construction of a building for a public benefit corporation.
- Represented a construction company in a dispute over the construction of a nursing home.
- Represented a hotel owner in a dispute over a real estate broker's commission.
- Represented a bank in a dispute over a receiver's commissions.
United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
New York State Courts
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law 2006
A.B., Dartmouth College 2000